ADEBAG/MEDIC@LPS welcomed a European delegation of 28 participants composed by INNOVAge project partners in Grenoble from 19th to 21st September 2012. In addition to an internal project meeting, a workshop and a study visit on “eco-innovation for more independent living services and products” were organized. This event was also punctuated friendly networking sessions.
The workshop organized on the 20th of September was focused on Home services for elderly. It started with a speech given by Magali Leynaud an industrial designer from mag[.]..Design (http://mag.design.free.fr/) on the eco-design approach applied to product and/or services development and the benefit of this approach from the industrial point of view. Some examples dedicated to independent living of elderly and smart home were given.
Then, we had the presence of two speeches on Social Services at home for the elderly:
- Magali Jannone, the thematic housing manager from Société Dauphinoise pour l’Habitat (SDH), presented the “Label Senior Service®” and the intergenerational housing implemented for elderly in Echirolles City (suburb of Grenoble).
- Corinne Maron, the deputy director in charge of the gerontology and disability pole from the Community Centre for Social Action (CCAS) of Echirolles City, presented the network of various support services to the person that Echirolles CCAS can mobilize at home for elderly with autonomy loss.
- Brigitte Ruef, an ergonomist, with the example of the bathroom evolution with the autonomy loss degree of an elderly person introduced the notion of Design for All and drew the attention of the audience on the importance to take the end-user dimension into account in the early stage development of a new product/service in order to validate its acceptance.
- Severine Lebreton, ADEBAG/Medic@lps project manager, presented the Living Lab methodology implemented within e-Care Living Lab and the involvement of end-users in early development phase of a new product/service.
- To highlight for potential partners CEA technologies those accelerate the transfer of our innovations to industry.
- To increase the visibility of our laboratories’ activities and advertise their capacity for innovation within MINATEC.
- To encourage creativity and multidisciplinary between the different CEA-Leti laboratories.